High Performance Homes
High performance homes mean healthy living environments, energy efficient, using sustainable materials and a reduction in waste.
- Fiber cement products are used on all of our siding, fascia, and soffits. This increases the durability of the siding, and reduces the maintenance involved (i.e. painting). Fiber cement products carry a 50-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Encapsulated composite decking is used on all porches & decks. This product is essentially ‘No-Maintenance’, will not rot, is fire resistant, and is made of recycled plastic & recovered wood.
- High performance Low-E double pane windows reduce the amount of heat gain in the summer, and heat loss in the winter.
- 92% + energy-efficient sealed-combustion natural gas furnace with centralized distribution ducts. Furnace and ducting system features multiple returns with joints sealed to minimize duct leakage.
- Mechanically vented, insulated, and conditioned crawl space increases the efficiency of the heating / cooling system.
- EPA recommended radon mitigation system—vents potential radon gas directly to the exterior of the home.
- Advanced insulation package includes foam sealant around all windows and doors, as well as penetrations through exterior walls, ceilings, and floors.
- R-20 blown-in wet cellulose insulation system in all exterior walls. R-40 blown-in cellulose insulation in attic space.
- Foundation walls and footers are coated with a spray-on waterproofing agent.
- Tankless water heaters that use much less energy than the traditional 50-gallon tank water heaters.
- Landscaping packages include native plants / shrubs and a smaller sod area with programmable irrigation system in the front yard. This helps to conserve water and reduce needed maintenance.
- Engineered framing components—stronger and straighter than the old-growth lumber pieces they replace.
- Engineered ‘Silent Floor’ systems by 'TrusJoist'.
- Oriented Strand Board (OSB) -made from wood chips and sawdust, it replaces old-growth plywood for sheathing and sub-floor. Also, it eliminates the urea-formaldehyde found in typical subflooring.
- ‘Tyvek’ house wrap installed under all siding—reduces moisture damage and acts as an air infiltration barrier.
- Programmable thermostat—automatically adjusts temperature to pre-set levels throughout the day & night.
- Electronic ignition natural gas fireplaces are used in each home. Electronic ignition eliminates a 'standing pilot' which uses energy when not in use.
- Carpet is tacked, not glued—removes another source of VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
- Cement-based backer board installed behind all tub and shower areas—prevents moisture damage.
- Ceiling fans in all bedrooms and living rooms are standard.
- Full gutter systems with downspout extensions are installed on each home to direct any rainwater away from the foundation.
* PRICES, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
* **THIS LIST IS NOT ALL-INCLUSIVE